Monday, October 24, 2011

Recent Knits

These are some recent completed knits.  The scarf was started in July when Dale and I were living at the summer camp and all my other yarn was in storage.  I found a yarn shop in Rutland and this pattern online--it was really fun to knit!  The lace came out so pretty, but if I were to make it again, I would definitely use at least a skein and a half.  This scarf is almost a tad too short. 




This second pattern was one that I picked up at the Vogue Knitting Conference I attended in NYC last winter.  The yarn is a soft alpaca and I couldn't resist rubbing it against my face while I was working.  It is multi-purpose in that you can wear it as both a cowl and a head covering.  I think it will be especially useful here in VT this winter! 







Has the cold weather got you knitting up anything lately?  Which of the above would you prefer to don?  


  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates