Thursday, May 5, 2011

Overdue--Easter, in Pictures

This was the first major holiday that Mr. P and I have hosted since being married.  It was fun!  We decided to go simple and I think it was a success.  Delicious food and no stress!  Thank goodness for my sweet husband, though, for tackling the ham while I got ready for church!  He's my main meat man!   
Baked Ham with Spiced Pineapple Glaze, recipe courtesy of Summer (of summerharms) via the Smithfield blog. 

Recipe was slightly altered--used bone-in ham for better flavor and for making ham bone soup afterward.  However, the best intentions remain that, intentions.  We did enjoy the ham but alas there was no soup mde afterward.  I finally gave up this week and disposed of my precious ham bone.  Enjoyed this recipe so much, though, that I'll have to make another ham at some point and then the soup!


Couronne, recipe via Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes (yes, that book again!)
 The table setting
 Brussel Sprout Leaf Salad (yes I said brussel sprouts) with a zesty lemon dressing, recipe courtesy of Giada D.
 Yum-o beans courtesy of my mom.  Simply cook beans, add some butter and almonds!
 Mashed potatoes via The Joy of Cooking.  I added some chives for extra zip.
 Honey and Cinnamon Glazed Carrots from the crockpot, recipe courtesy of A Year of Slow-Cooking
 Centerpiece: limes and roses.  Inspired by the cover of Woman's Day magazine (at least I think that was the one!)
Cake courtesy of my mom via the bakery.  A tasty end to the meal.  Aren't the foil-wrapped chocolate eggs such a cute addition?






Photobucket









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates