Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday

Believe me when I say that things have been crazy around here!  Due to that fact I feel justified in the following two items:
1) I'm not posting much about what I ate
2) I'm not posting anything else at all these days

I do hope to be putting up some more of my recent knitting in the near future.  Maybe when I'm actually home for a weekend!

And now for my pathetic What I Ate Wednesday post...

Since I'm in the midst of my coaching season, and since we were on the road a few days last week, and since I wasn't home all day Saturday, you will have to make do with a post about one of my favorite sandwich joints.  The Shortstop Deli is located in Ithaca, NY, aka the home of Cornell University.  Any future students out there?  Well, this place is open 24/7 and boasts that they have been serving customers for the last 275555 consecutive hours!  Amazing!  Anyway, their food is great as well.  In an effort to avoid fast food, I took my tennis team there last Monday on our way home from a match with Ithaca High School.  Although there is a bit more of a wait and increase in price from Subway, I think it is well worth it.  The subs are made to order with little room for error as you fill out a form upon entering the establishment.  You circle all kinds of options such as bread, hot, cold, meat, types of cheese, fixings, etc.  This helps avoid the awkward shuffle in line as you follow an employee down the line answering a million questions about what you want on your sub.  Plus, there are just way more options.  Some of the athletes may or may not have complained about not getting to eat off of the McD's Dollar Menu, but I at least can rest assured that I did my part to encourage healthy (er) eating.  Jamie Oliver would be proud! 




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates